Sunday 26 July 2015

COMING OUT OF THE SHADOWS ... because it's my time.

IT'S MY TIME!!!

www.dailymotion.com/.../xghvzw_fabolous-ft-jeremih...


Coming out of the Shadows


These past five years have been a phase of my life for which any expression of gratitude will always be insufficient. 

I have been – almost exclusively – a mum.   I must concur … the most rewarding job in the world MUST be that of Motherhood.   Spending the most part of everyday dedicated to the development and well-being of my children has been endearing, enriching, exquisite and also monumentally exhausting! 

Guiding their thinking and behavior patterns by creating #futureboards for their manifesting walls, magically squeezing hours into my day to attend all the cricket matches, cricket trials, swimming galas, horse-riding lessons, hockey matches and athletic events.  My daily micro-managing of homework and teaching of study techniques, even when we go away on holiday … have hugely benefitted the relationship I have with them. 

Developing meal plans and insisting on a protein-based meal when temper-tantrums demand a sugar treat instead.

I know – beyond a shadow of a doubt - that my sole purpose these five years past, of being dedicated to their development, have forever changed who they are as people.  

I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to do this. 

AND – somewhere between the cricket matches and protein-based meals – I slipped into the shadows. 

The time I used to spend manicuring my nails at a nail bar was now spent biting them watching a tense cricket over.  The cash that I would otherwise have spent on a facial or skin products was instead used to purchase another pair of Nikes to match a new cricketing uniform. 

And time in the past spent having a power nap had become hours attending invaluable classes on “How to Assist Your Child with Mathematics”.

Today, 23 July, marks a major milestone birthday!   And along with that came a fresh onslaught of often resurfacing doubts and fears that I am slowly losing my essence.   

The intensity of my personality was fading, slipping into the shadows of motherhood and housewife. 

I miss me.  I miss the me that used to go to gym at 4h30 in the morning and then rush straight to a high-powered job immediately after.   Fuelled by the adrenalin of personal achievement, I’d do another gym session after work.  Of course I kidded myself that simultaneously having my son at the gym aftercare was spending ‘quality time’ with him.

BUT … back to the matter of  me missing me. 

During the last five years – whenever these fears and doubts arose – I would have a power surge of doing my own weekly facials (at least), and have great intentions of being vigilant about training mean and eating clean.  I’d make a promise to myself to do a weekly manicure – or at least wash my hair every 2 days!!   And then … a week would pass by and I’d be doing the school run in my nightclothes.  

It’s not that I’ve become overweight or a slob or anything like that.  But I used to be a Type A personality when it came to personal achievement.   I used to be a perfectionist when it came to being run-way ready.   That’s the me I miss. 

So – today … I started afresh with my #HBRMethod bootcamp.   And I’m writing these upcoming blogs just for me.  To document my journey out of the shadows.


With my thoughts, my words, my behaviors and #myhustle!

No comments:

Post a Comment